Who We Are
We are the engineers on Singularity team. We believe that building a planet-scale AI supercomputer from the ground-up which addresses the fundamental pain-points of data scientists and AI practitioners and takes AI to the unprecedented scale is an opportunity of a lifetime. If you share the same dream as us, come join us!
What is Singularity?
Ultimately, democratization of AI is all about enabling data scientists to productively build, scale, experiment, and iterate their models on top of a robust, performant, scalable and cost-effective distributed infrastructure built for AI.
In Singularity, we are constantly seeing to apply the best ideas from AI, ML, distributed systems, database, machine learning, information retrieval, networking, and security.
Who You are
As an engineer you will shape the future of Singularity
What you will do
- Design, implement and deliver service infrastructure to support service expansion in regions and clouds; strategize and codify capacity management to meet customer demand.
- Deliver world-class monitoring systems and telemetry pipelines to enhance service and job observability for both end-users and operators.
- Design and implement release and deployment infrastructure to scale service deployments to thousands of clusters while continue to increase our release cadence and agility.
- Design and build change management systems that orchestrate and automatically ensure the safety and correctness of any change made to the production system.
- Codify security and compliance requirements by building and strengthening system defenses against malicious attacks and exploits.
- Use data-driven and machine learning approaches to build quality and operational insights; leverage insights to drive quality and operational excellence across pre and post production pipelines.
- Design and implement performance and scalability infrastructure that focuses on methodically calibrating data at scale to ensure meaningful characterizations and comparisons.
- Leverage performance and profiling tools to identify hot spots and bottlenecks across hardware and software boundaries: from CPU, GPU, microcode, OS, networking to product code and drive end-to-end job performance.
You should have:
- 3+ years of experience with coding in one of C, C++ and C#, Java.
- Experience with improving service operations or engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- A Master’s degree (or Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of work experience equivalent) in computer science or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience building and shipping production software or services.
- Proven ability to create componentized and well-architected software
- Prior experience in building large scale cloud services, distributed systems, or operating systems
- Understanding of TensorFlow and PyTorch runtimes - a plus
- Experience programming GPUs (graphics processing units), CUDA/cuDNN/NCCL - a plus
- Experience programming FPGAs (field-programmable gate arrays) – a plus
Great if you have any of the following under your belt:
- Large scale stateful and stateless services
- Native Windows or Linux development experience is a plus
- Performance profiling
- Hyper-V, VMWare, Docker or other virtualization technology
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database engine internals
- Strong written and oral communication skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture.
What You'll Do
- Build a new AI platform service ground-up from scratch that will become a major driver for AI, both inside Microsoft and outside
- Grow into senior technical or organization leader
- Be part of Azure platform
Join our mission and help us shape the future of planet-scale AI and solve the pain-points of data scientists developing bleeding edge AI!
How to Apply
Send your resume to JoinSingularity@microsoft.com with pointers to the code you are most proud of.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.